Now is the time to attend to the ravages of winter. Make the most of longer daylight hours and a little warm sunshine to get your outside spaces ready to greet the summer.
Jobs for March and April include:
- Trimming deciduous hedges
- Cutting back vines such as Ivy and Virginia Creeper to keep windows, gutters and roof tiles clear
- Giving your lawn the first mow of the season. Choose a dry day and ensure the blades are set high
- Check for frost damage, cutting back any affected stems
- If the ground isn't frozen or waterlogged, you can lay new turf
- Pressure wash or scrub paths and patios
- Start improving the drainage of heavy soils by adding plenty of organic matter
- Top up containers and raised beds with fresh compost so they're ready for spring planting
- Protect new spring shoots from slugs
- Lift and divide perennials if they have become overgrown
- Start your war on weeds - keeping them under control early in the season by hoeing and mulching puts you ahead of the game
- Prune bush and climbing roses
- Deadhead daffodils by removing the flowerheads and seedpods, leaving the foliage
If some of your garden jobs are too heavy duty for you to handle, or if you don't have the tools required, you can give us a call. We have a big team with all the specialist skills, machinery and kit to handle all the outdoor tasks, however big or small. We'll get your garden ready for the warmer months, leaving it in great shape for you to do the more interesting jobs.
You'll find us trustworthy, reliable, adaptive and responsive. We take pride in our work, put our customers at the heart of everything we do and offer competitive rates.
As our name suggests we're environmentally aware, and all waste is disposed of responsibly and correctly.
The services we offer include:
Gutter clearance: Clear your gutters of accumulated debris so when the rains start there's no danger of water ingress. Our team use a powerful wet and dry vacuum system with in-built camera system. No scaffolding or ladders are required which makes the job beautifully straightforward and eliminates health and safety risks;
Garden maintenance: We can give your garden a Spring Tidy, getting it ready for the warmer months ahead. Jobs we can help with include leaf clearance, lawn aeration to avoid waterlogging, mowing including first cuts of the season, planting and general tidying;
Tree and hedge works: Our expert tree team is on hand to prune, pollard, manage and train your existing trees, fell unwanted trees or hedges, and remove stumps;
Jetwashing: This is a great way of removing accumulated debris from patios and drives, while furniture can be given a new lease of life, ready for you to make the most of the summer sunshine;
Clearance: We'll come and take away anything from single items to large quantities of unwanted items. Call us for a quote;
Fencing: we can repair or replace broken or damaged areas of fencing and repair or replace gates.
- We carry out an on-site risk assessment for all contracts to ensure safety for staff and customers;
- We operate under a quality assurance scheme having attained ISO9001, and have Public Liability Insurance, Products Liability Insurance and Employer's Liability Insurance, all to £10m.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation quote for any of your maintenance jobs, however large or small.
QUOTE SPR2018 AT TIME OF ENQUIRY FOR A 10% DISCOUNT BY MAY 31ST 2018.
Tel: 0115 914 8408
We look forward to hearing from you
The Streetwise Team
Back to main list